Recipe by Pepper Monkey
A different meal for the crock pot, this dish is easily modified to fit your families tastes and you can add cooked sausage or ground beef to satisfy the meat eaters in your house.
Top Review by Little Mommy
This was good, but I agree it needed a bit more "oomph." I used white wine and added a bit of heavy cream after it was done to make more of a cream sauce. Using meat ravioi instead of cheese also adds some more flavor. Good basic recipe that allows for lots of alterations.
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 4 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli (refrigerated type, if you use the dry you will have to boil it first)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mushrooms, rosemary, onions, red pepper, tomatoes (undrained), garlic, salt, wine, and water in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in ravioli after cooking has nearly finished and turn to high heat setting.
- If you are going to add any meat, this is the time to do so.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.