Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A different meal for the crock pot, this dish is easily modified to fit your families tastes and you can add cooked sausage or ground beef to satisfy the meat eaters in your house.
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 4 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli (refrigerated type, if you use the dry you will have to boil it first)
- Combine mushrooms, rosemary, onions, red pepper, tomatoes (undrained), garlic, salt, wine, and water in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in ravioli after cooking has nearly finished and turn to high heat setting.
- If you are going to add any meat, this is the time to do so.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
This was good, but I agree it needed a bit more "oomph." I used white wine and added a bit of heavy cream after it was done to make more of a cream sauce. Using meat ravioi instead of cheese also adds some more flavor. Good basic recipe that allows for lots of alterations.
This was not bad by any means, but it just didn't "wow" me. I made it with the ravioli. I think next time I'll try making it with sausage or chicken. One thing it was, was very easy. I liked that about it, and may just modify it. Thank you for sharing this recipe! LA :-)
This just didn't trip our trigger. I was expecting more of a spaghetti sauce. Not bad, but probably won't make again.