Recipe by my3beachbabes
Olive oil, garlic, bell pepper strips, and diced tomatoes combine to make a spicy, chunky sauce that is delicious! One of my favorite recipes!
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is a good recipe but for our tastes it needs a little tweaking. The overwhelming flavor is of the peppers and it seems almost acidic (could have been my veggies). I'd try adding some tomato paste to sweeten it up and make the topping more of a sauce. Also, the pepper strips were hard to manage on a fork with a ravioli, I'd make them diced. It was pretty and worth trying again. Made for photo tag.
- 1 lb cheese ravioli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 medium green bell peppers, cored and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Toss in the pepper strips and saute, stirring often, for 10 minutes, or until the peppers are almost tender. Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomatoes, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes more, or until the peppers are tender and the tomatoes are heated through. (The tomatoes will have rendered their juices and made a light sauce.).
- Drain the ravioli and return to the pot or place in a large pasta serving bowl. Spoon on the sauce and toss lightly. Top with Parmesan cheese and Enjoy!