Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs spinach ravioli or 1 1/2 lbs tortellini
- 1 cup marinara sauce, purchased
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add about 1/4 cup olive oil to the water to help prevent pasta from sticking.
- 3Add the ravioli and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 4Drain the ravioli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 5Toss the ravioli with the remaining oil to coat.
- 6Meanwhile, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking often.
- 7Whisk in the ricotta and enough reserved cooking water to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- 8For a thicker sauce, use less pasta water; for a thinner sauce, add more water.
- 9Return the sauce to a simmer and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce over the bottom of each of 6 bowls. Arrange the ravioli over the sauce. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and the basil, and serve.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli With Creamy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: