Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach ravioli or 1 1⁄2 lbs tortellini
- 1 cup marinara sauce, purchased
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add about 1/4 cup olive oil to the water to help prevent pasta from sticking.
- Add the ravioli and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the ravioli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Toss the ravioli with the remaining oil to coat.
- Meanwhile, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking often.
- Whisk in the ricotta and enough reserved cooking water to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- For a thicker sauce, use less pasta water; for a thinner sauce, add more water.
- Return the sauce to a simmer and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce over the bottom of each of 6 bowls. Arrange the ravioli over the sauce. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and the basil, and serve.
Great recipe! Loving the sauce...a little something different. Thanks