Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of Giada's recipes - sounds really good!
Make and share this Ravioli With Balsamic Brown Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the ravioli and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ravioli onto a large serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes, turn off the heat. Let cool for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the ravioli to the pan saucepan with the balsamic brown butter. Sprinkle walnuts and Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
I thought this was delicious as well as easy!!! I used a variety of stuffed pastas I had in the freezer. I also used almonds as that was the only nut I had on hand. Will make again...even for company!
A little thinner than I was looking for but tasted great with mushroom-cheese ravioli (left out the walnuts).
I happened to have a package of squash-filled mini mezzalunas in my pantry cabinet, so I thought that this would be a good use for it. DH, Gram and I really liked this! I didn't use the walnuts (Gram can't eat nuts, and I don't care for them that much), and I cut back the butter by two tablespoons because my package of pasta was shy of the 18 to 20 ounce range, but made the rest as written. It was good comfort food as-is, but I think it would need some sort of veggies or something added in to get my fifth star (that could just be me, though, since I tend to like my food more "complicated" than this) lol. Very nice flavor, though, and a nice change of pace from the usual plain buttered pasta that we sometimes make. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 07