Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The recipe is easy and I hope you love it as much as my family does. I first got this recipe from the Food Network/ Giada DeLaurentis and tweaked it some & omitted some ingredients. I would suggest using a ravioli that has a delicate flavor so that it is not overpowering (mushroom, chicken) It is so tasty it makes a nice dinner for guests.
- 44.37 ml pine nuts, more if you like
- 311.84 g package smoked chicken and mozzarella ravioli, Costco, fresh
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, salted works
- 59.14 ml fresh basil or 59.14 ml fresh sage leaf, chiffonade
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt (optional)
- Toast pine nuts in a dry fry pan over low/medium heat on the stove top until golden brown. Careful not to burn! Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt to the boiling water. Meanwhile, while waiting for the water to boil --.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter over medium/high heat until pale golden brown flecks appear. About 4 minutes.
- Add the ravioli to the boiling water until they are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, drain.
- NOTE: Once ravioli rises to the top of the boiling water, give it another minute or two and they are done. Careful not boil too vigorously or they will fall apart.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the butter mixture, toss in pine nuts, sprinkle in basil or sage leaves and top with some grated parm-reggiano. Place on plates or in a covered casserole dish for serving.
- Serve with freshly grated cheese at the table.