Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup was an instant hit with my family. I also doubled it and froze the second batch to eat later. Very good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used a small can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 envelope dry herb soup mix (I used Knorr’s)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In Dutch oven or 6 quart saucepan, heat oil over.
- medium heat and cook onion, carrots, celery,.
- green pepper, and garlic, stirring occasionally,.
- for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, plum tomatoes, and herb.
- soup mix blended with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- over high heat.
- Stir in ravioli.
- Reduce heat to.
- medium and cook, stirring gently, for 5 minutes.
- or until the ravioli are tender.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.