Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not sure if this is authentic Italian but we really enjoy this soup.
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefrozen miniature cheese ravioli
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- Brown sausage and cook garlic in 4 quart heavy pot over medium heat until tender, stirring to break up sausage about 5 minutes.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Remove sausage mixture from pot and set aside.
- Heat chicken broth and water to a boil in same pot over medium-high heat.
- Add ravioli.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans, stewed tomatoes, sausage mixture, mustard, oregano and pepper.
- Heat through.
- Stir spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.