Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: Sunset (March 2007)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken ravioli
- 1 cup peas
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot over medium heat heat the olive oil and then add onion and carrots; sauting for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are golden and begin to soften. Season with pepper.
- Add chicken broth to pot; raising heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add ravioli and return to a boil.
- Cook ravioli until tender and during the last 5 minutes add peas, oregano and thyme.
- Season to taste with pepper and add parsley.
- Ladle soup into bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Another favorite soup! I used cheese ravioli, frozen peas and adjusted the seasonings to taste. Will try again with chicken ravioli if I can find some. Really tasty, meal-in-a-bowl soup. Served with thick slices of French Bread buttered with recipe #190648 and toasted in toaster oven. Yum.