Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Italian sausage and ravioli soup.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canplain crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen plain ravioli
- Brown the sausage in a large pot.
- Combine remaining ingreadient except ravioli.
- Bring soup to boil, cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Cook ravioli seperately, add to soup.
- Serve with grated paramesan cheese.
This recipe was very easy to make, and was tasty, although it was an awful lot like eating spaghetti sauce. I used tortellini instead of ravioli so that they would be bite-size. I plan to try this again, but I'll probably make it a little more soup-like with extra broth or water. A few vegetables (carrots, celery) might make it a bit more like soup, too. But overall, very good!
This was amazingly good. I added a pinch of fennel seeds and a splash of Worchestershire sauce. The result was a zesty, flavorful soup with all my favorite flavors. I'll definitely try this again. I think it might also benefit from a little red wine.