Recipe by Bobbie
A real fun way to serve ravioli! And the kids just gobble it up (the grown ups too). Sometimes I can find the "baby" ravioli -- they are just perfect to use in this soup.
Top Review by rysharen
I just made this today for lunch. I followed the recipe exactly. all I can say is OMG it's delicious!! This is so easy and and yummy. Thank you so much for posting this. It would also be good using tortellini I think. I will be eating this until it's gone it's so good I may not share with my kids Hehehehe.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli
- additional parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef; drain. Add the next 14 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and add to soup.
- Sprinkle individual servings with additional Parmesan cheese.