Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
A real fun way to serve ravioli! And the kids just gobble it up (the grown ups too). Sometimes I can find the "baby" ravioli -- they are just perfect to use in this soup.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli
- additional parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef; drain. Add the next 14 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and add to soup.
- Sprinkle individual servings with additional Parmesan cheese.
I just made this today for lunch. I followed the recipe exactly. all I can say is OMG it's delicious!! This is so easy and and yummy. Thank you so much for posting this. It would also be good using tortellini I think. I will be eating this until it's gone it's so good I may not share with my kids Hehehehe.
My 5yo is one of the world's pickiest eaters. However, she ate 2 bowls of this for dinner! The next night, she ate her dinner, then asked for ANOTHER bowl of this soup. And then she asked me to pack some in her lunchbox today. It's that good! The rest of the family enjoyed it as well. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for the recipe!