Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on Recipes of the world. So quick and easy and kids love it. I like to use the chicken ravioli I get at Sam's club But, any kind will do. Sometimes I Use an Alfredo sauce with the chicken ravioli.
- 2 cups light chunk-style spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) packagemeat-filled ravioli
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 (15 ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Mix together egg and ricotta. Pour spaghetti sauce an water into a deep pan and place over moderate heat.
- Boil the ravioli, drain and add to sauce. Fold in ricotta and egg mixture.
- Add thawed spinach and romano and heat.
- Serve hot.
- Note: If using Alfredo sauce, omit water and use milk in it's place.
- Cottage cheese has a totally different taste than Ricotta and I do not recommend it as a substitution.
This was really good! I used beef ravioli and cooked it right in the sauce and water mixture to save a step. Also, I just dotted the top of the sauce/ravioli mixture first with the spinach and then the ricotta mixture on top of the spinach. That gave it more of a layered look, like lasagna. My husband and I really enjoyed this with a salad and some breadsticks. I'll make it again!
Good idea, easy execution but I haven't used ricotta in dishes in a while (use cottage cheese instead). I'd forgotten how gritty ricotta is...cc is much creamier. Not a fan of the texture at all. Kids wouldn't eat it but they're not big pasta fans so that was expected ;). May try again with cc and add ground sausage or something to the sauce.
Very good. Next time I'll try the chicken and alfredo sauce.