Use purchased Italian salad dressing and toss with ravioli, broccoli, carrots, and pea pods to make this salad. Other reduced-calorie dressings work also. The 2 to 6 hrs is chill time.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated light cheese ravioli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled reduced-calorie Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, halved crosswise
- 8 lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, except omit any oil or salt. Add broccoli and carrots the last 3 minutes of cooking time (return to boiling after vegetables are added and then finish cooking). Drain. Rinse with cold running water; drain again.
- In a large bowl combine, pasta mixture and green onions; drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours.
- To serve, gently stir tomato and pea pods into salad. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves.
- Makes 8 (1-cup) side-dish servings.
Very satisfying salad! I really loved the snow peas in this, and will increase the amount in future versions of the recipe! Colorful and beautiful. Definitely a do again recipe...made for photo tag...waiting on food.com to approve photo....sorry.
This makes an outstanding lunch! Loved the colors and flavors both! I made using honey mustarded vinaigrette which worked so well with this nice combo of raviolis, blanched and raw veggies. I did add the veggies and raviolis to the boiling all at the same time as we like our raviolis al dente, we let this chill for the full six hours which tasted like the perfect marinate time. This is so yummy and healthy that it will be a staple in our home. Thanks for the post.