Use purchased Italian salad dressing and toss with ravioli, broccoli, carrots, and pea pods to make this salad. Other reduced-calorie dressings work also. The 2 to 6 hrs is chill time.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated light cheese ravioli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled reduced-calorie Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, halved crosswise
- 8 lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, except omit any oil or salt. Add broccoli and carrots the last 3 minutes of cooking time (return to boiling after vegetables are added and then finish cooking). Drain. Rinse with cold running water; drain again.
- In a large bowl combine, pasta mixture and green onions; drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours.
- To serve, gently stir tomato and pea pods into salad. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves.
- Makes 8 (1-cup) side-dish servings.