Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
The secret here is the insanely easy but amazingly delicious alfredo sauce. Herbes de provence *must* be used to impart the signature flavor or it's just another alfredo. Use of fresh ravioli from a slightly higher end grocery like Bristol Farms or Whole Foods (or make your own) make this dish eye-poppingly better. Use a pasta filled with cheese or mushrooms rather than meat-filled (we use 4-cheese) so as not to compete with the prosciutto. As usual, the better quality your ingredients, the more fully your dish will bloom!
- 1 lb cheese ravioli (or filled ravioli or tortellini of choice)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 -4 ounces sliced prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions, but five minutes before pasta is done, melt butter in medium skillet.
- Add herbes de provence to the melting butter. When butter is completely melted, add cream and the sliced prosciutto. Bring to a slow simmer and thicken to desired consistency.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, stirring gently for 2 minutes. Serve with garlic toast.
- To aid in alleviating strong feelings of diet guilt, distract yourself with a good movie.