Recipe by eillena
From the cookbook "Twelve Months of Monastery Soups". It originally called for 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 20 ounces ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs chervil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons creme fraiche or 4 teaspoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the shallots and tomatoes in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the ravioli, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for another 8 minutes. Add the chervil and cover the pot.
- Turn off heat and let soup rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot and garnish with 1 tsp creme fraiche or sour cream.