Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Interesting new twist on an old favorite. From a food co-op web site.
- 1 lb cheese ravioli, cooked according to package direction and drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat refried beans with green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine beans and salsa. Arrange ravioli in a single layer on a large microwave-safe platter.
- Spoon bean mixture onto ravioli; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with light sour cream, if desired.
- To make ahead: Cook ravioli several hours ahead and arrange on platter; cover and refrigerate.
- Chop toppings and wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Assemble as directed.
- Increase microwave time by 2 minutes turning platter halfway through cooking time.
I made this for 'zaar tag tonight and it was a big hit with my kids. I substituted sun-dried tomato tortellini for the ravioli, and added sauted chilis and onions to my half, with just regular refried beans (the kids don't like spicy food). Also, I used the oven instead of the microwave to cook it, which only took about 7 minutes, tops at 350 degrees F. One thing I really liked about this recipe was that it made the pasta more dry (I normally find fresh, filled pasta a bit too wet for my liking). This is a definite keeper. Great for a busy work night! Thanks so much Laurie.