Recipe by NannyMarvel
I get most of the ingredients for this recipe at Trader Joe's but other brands can also be used. This makes the most flavorful lasagna I have ever tasted and my "guest" diners all agree. I usually serve this with Caesar Salad Simpliciatto and Vesuvius Cake with Strawberries & Cream. The choice of ravioli fillings and pasta sauces are yours. I am just listing what I normally use.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages ravioli, in refrigerator section
- 1 (25 ounce) jarvodka pasta sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) jarcreamy tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3 of pkg of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesano cheese, eggs, seasonings and salt and pepper together in large bowl until well blended.
- Spray lasagna pan with olive oil spray (I use a 2.2 quart pan). Spread 1/2 cup of vodka pasta sauce in bottom of pan. Layer ravioli evenly in pan.
- Spread cheese mixture over ravioli until covered. Spread vodka pasta sauce and creamy tomato basis sauce over cheese until covered. Continue layering ravioli, cheese mixture and sauce, ending with ravioli.
- Spread remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesano cheese over last layer of ravioli. Spread pasta sauce evenly over top.
- Let rest for 30 minutes. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, til bubbly and knife inserts easily into center. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to put an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet on the oven rack under the lasagna to catch any bubble overs.
- Preparation time includes lasagna resting time before baking.