1 hr 35 mins
I get most of the ingredients for this recipe at Trader Joe's but other brands can also be used. This makes the most flavorful lasagna I have ever tasted and my "guest" diners all agree. I usually serve this with Caesar Salad Simpliciatto and Vesuvius Cake with Strawberries & Cream. The choice of ravioli fillings and pasta sauces are yours. I am just listing what I normally use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (10 ounce) packages ravioli, in refrigerator section
- 1 (25 ounce) jar vodka pasta sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) jar creamy tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1Mix ricotta cheese, 2/3 of pkg of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesano cheese, eggs, seasonings and salt and pepper together in large bowl until well blended.
- 2Spray lasagna pan with olive oil spray (I use a 2.2 quart pan). Spread 1/2 cup of vodka pasta sauce in bottom of pan. Layer ravioli evenly in pan.
- 3Spread cheese mixture over ravioli until covered. Spread vodka pasta sauce and creamy tomato basis sauce over cheese until covered. Continue layering ravioli, cheese mixture and sauce, ending with ravioli.
- 4Spread remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesano cheese over last layer of ravioli. Spread pasta sauce evenly over top.
- 5Let rest for 30 minutes. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, til bubbly and knife inserts easily into center. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- 6Be sure to put an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet on the oven rack under the lasagna to catch any bubble overs.
- 7Preparation time includes lasagna resting time before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli Lasagna Rustico
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.3 mg
- Sodium 1376.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning