Recipe by LizAnn
We had this for Sunday afternoon lunch. I bought frozen raviolis and added some ideas and Wala -- It was good!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (divided into thirds)
- 2 (25 ounce) packages frozen beef ravioli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) canlarge pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, julienne cut with herbs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large crock pot with oil spray, bottom and sides.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into bottom. Sprinkle in 1/3 of the diced onions.
- Add one package of the Raviolis.
- Next in order - Sprinkle another 1/3 onion, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp red peppers, 3/4 cup mushrooms, half each; olives, zucchini.
- Drizzle half oil from sun-dried tomatoes over all and add half the tomatoes. cover with half the cheese.
- Repeat steps 3 - 7.
- last pour tomato sauce over the top plus 1/2 cup water.
- Sprinkle remainder basil and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.