Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
A 4-ingredient recipe that is so-o simple to put together. A jar of Alfredo sauce is called for; but if you prefer, you can make your own. The recipe is included and is really simple to do. Note that Bird's Eye makes a creamed spinach that is much lower in fat content than is the Stouffer creamed spinach. This recipe is from Linda Larson at About.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
- 1 (25 ounce) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (homemade version follows)
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add the spinach pouch. Bring back to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the ravioli, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the ravioli float. Pour contents of pot into a colander.
- Remove the spinach pouch from the colander and cut open. Pour spinach into a large skillet. Add alfredo sauce and mix gently to blend. Heat over medium heat 4-5 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubblee, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked ravioli and stir to coat. Heat gently. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- NOTE: To make your own Alfredo Sauce: Combine a stick of butter, about 1-2 cups Parmesan cheese and about 1/2 cup of cream or milk in a saucepan. Cook till the sauce thickens slightly. You can add a little garlic to this sauce, also.