Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Southern Living, this quick and easy dish has a flavorful sauce that I think you'll enjoy.
- 18 ounces chicken and roasted garlic ravioli (I use Buitoni)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms (any kind of mushrooms will work)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced mild tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (I used 2 t. dried basil instead)
- 1 cup whipping cream (about 1/2 pint)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- While the water is boiling for the ravioli, chop the onions, mince the garlic, and grate the cheese.
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. While the ravioli is cooking, melt butter in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, garlic cloves, and dried Italian seasoning. Saute over medium-high heat 7-9 minutes or until mushrooms are very tender and browned. Season with pepper.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and green chiles, basil, and cream; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and salt. Stir in ravioli, tossing to coat.
I didn't have diced tomatos but I did have salsa. I used left over noodles instead of ravioli and it still was awesome.
Excellent and easy, we really liked this. Followed recipe exactly. Kids even cleaned their plates. Thanks for sharing. :)
Sitting here right now, eating this YUMMY dish and have to give it 5 stars! I followed the recipe exactly and also added some chopped fresh tomatoes on top. My husband took one bite and said "Dang, this is good"!