I got this recipe from Canadian Living Magazine.The tomato cream sauce is a lower fat version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup evaporated 2% milk
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli or 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat; cook onion, garlic mushrooms, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains, about 8 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 3Stir in milk and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often untill thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile in larg pot of boiling salted water cook ravioli until tender but firm, about 10 minutes.
- 6Drain and return to pot.
- 7Add sauce, cheese, basil and parsley; stir untill cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli in Creamy Tomato Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated 2% milk