Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Canadian Living Magazine.The tomato cream sauce is a lower fat version.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup evaporated 2% milk
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli or 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat; cook onion, garlic mushrooms, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often untill thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in larg pot of boiling salted water cook ravioli until tender but firm, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce, cheese, basil and parsley; stir untill cheese melts.