Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Kids love Ravioli. This is a good way for them to eat more vegetables. Spinach & green peppers are one of the main ingredients along with celery & carrots.
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sysco chicken base
- 1 (15 ounce) packagefresh frozen ravioli or 2 (15 ounce) cans ravioli, with sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mccormick Bon Appetit seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In stockpot add water and chicken base.
- Add frozen raviolis and cook ten minutes, on low heat.
- If using canned raviolis, wait. Do not add.
- Add chopped carrots, onion, celery. green pepper and frozen chopped spinach. Cook ten minutes.
- Add canned raviolis, cilantro, bonapetite seasoning, pepper,tomato sauce.Heat and simmer about 5 minutes.To bring it back up to cooking heat will take about 10 minutes and then you simmer 5 minutes.
- Take off heat.
- Stir in half & half.
- Serve bowls with a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top.
- Serve with crackers.
- Note: If you want a more broth, add 1 more cup of half and half.