Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple cheese sauce for ravioli or other pasta dish that could be enhanced with mushrooms, shrimp, or any other desired combinations of flavors and toppings.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (2% or higher)
- 1 cup grated cheese (4Cheese blend or whatever you've got)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter blend in flour over medium heat and allow to barely sizzle.
- Stir in milk, bring to a boil, and stir until thickened.
- Lower heat and blend in cheese stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings and serve warm over pasta.
- May be made in advance - refrigerate and reheat.