Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
In '300 Best Casserole Recipes' by Tiffany Collins
- 3 (9 ounce) packages cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk, wine, and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5-10 minutes or until thick and creamy; remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk eggs, one at a time, into sauce.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Top with half the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce over cheese.
- Drizzle with half the white sauce.
- Repeat layers with the remaining ravioli, mozzarella, marinara sauce and white sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until bubbling.