Recipe by bert
Another family favourite.
Top Review by AngelaTN
This was pretty good. It could have used a bit more seasoning...maybe more garlic and some oregano. I had trouble finding canned plum tomatoes, so I used regular. Also, I used all mozzarella instead of mozzarella and colby. I think next time I'll use jarred spaghetti sauce and precook the ravioli to save time and add to the flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe! It's going into my cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli or 1 lb meat ravioli
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and basil.
- Cook gently until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add plum tomatoes, paste, salt, pepper, dry mustard, hot pepper sauce and sugar.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add frozen ravioli and cook another 10 minutes.
- Mix with cheeses and put into casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until hot& bubbly.