Recipe by jennijen
I got this off a package of frozen ravioli and just love it! It makes a lot, be prepared to eat it for a few days or freeze some.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meat ravioli, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tomato-based meat sauce
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan, stir in flour and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in milk, wine, salt, and nutmeg. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, until thick and creamy. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain, and toss with olive oil.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk eggs into white sauce 1 at a time, stir in 1 cup parmesean. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in 4 quart casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the ravioli, 1/2 the mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesean, 3/4 cup meat sauce, and 1/2 of the white sauce. Repeat layers from ravioli. Sprinkle with remaining parmesean. Bake 40-50 minutes.