Quick,healthy weeknight meal. Tortellini can be substituted for ravioli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen onion and three pepper blend, thawed and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) package meat ravioli
- 2 medium zucchini, diced or 2 cups diced zucchini
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper/onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 2Add tomatoes, broth, water and basil (or marjoram).
- 3Bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- 4Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less that the package directions.
- 5Add zucchini and return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 6Season with pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 272.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen onion and three pepper blend