Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick,healthy weeknight meal. Tortellini can be substituted for ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen onion and three pepper blend, thawed and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) package meat ravioli
- 2 medium zucchini, diced or 2 cups diced zucchini
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper/onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, water and basil (or marjoram).
- Bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less that the package directions.
- Add zucchini and return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
Made this today for DH and I and it was definately a keeper. I did cut the recipe in half, used two small cloves of garlic, sauteed fresh onion and peppers (didn't have any frozen) and used dried basil. Delicious! Next time I think I will add a few more fresh vegetables like slivered carrots, celery and maybe corn because I do love vegetable soups. DH suggested some meat like sausage but that is because he loves meat. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.