Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This may be the easiest lasagna you've ever made. I got the recipe from Woman's Day.
- 4 links Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 t dried basil)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (30 ounce) packagefrozen large square cheese ravioli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; you'll need a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausages and cook, breaking up chunks with a spoon, 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat; stir in roasted red peppers and basil.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in baking dish.
- Top with a layer of 12 ravioli, the sausage mixture, then the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with 1 cup sauce, remaining ravioli and remaining sauce.
- Cover with nonstick foil.
- Bake on a sheet of foil (to catch any drips) 1 hour or until ravioli are tender when pierced.
- Uncover, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is barely golden.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
A very simple and tasty dish. Lasagna doesn't get any easier than this. We used a 4-cheese ravioli and really enjoyed the red peppers with the basil. Also, thanks for the tip of putting this on a piece of foil - it saved my recently cleaned oven, lol. Thanks Lainey for a great dinner.
Sorry but kinda confusing about the pasta sauce. I barely had 2 cups. And it says there should be enough sauce to put on top? Not happening. I had to add some more sauce from another jar. I was afraid if there wasn't enough liquid the ravioli wouldn't cook? Help?