6 hrs 15 mins
Gaurdian Gabriel's Note:
I love venison stew. You will enjoy this tasty dish. You may substitute Elk or Moose meat. We serve it on rice, but you could also serve it alone or on top of mashed potatoes or broad egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs venison (roast or peices) or 2 1/2 lbs elk meat (roast or peices) or 2 1/2 lbs moose (roast or peices)
- 4 slices bacon, raw
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 white potatoes, quartered, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, crispini, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups sweet apple cider (not hard)
- 1In a crock pot, add the venison and cover with the bacon slices.
- 2Place the garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots, parsnips and apple around the vension meat.
- 3Season well with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- 4Pour the apple cider over everything and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- 5If you prefer a thicker gravy, add a little flour and water mix and allow to cook till thickened.
- 6Serve to your preference and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raven's Stew
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 162.2 mg
- Sodium 1132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet apple cider