Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A further recipe from the Indian Food (Recipe) website, which is an excellent source for authentic Indian cuisine, prepared and written by Indian cooks.
- 2 cups rava (cream of wheat)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, such as Carrots, Green peas, Cauliflower, chopped fine and cooked
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely cut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black gram dal, washed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews, for optional garnish
- Chopped mixed vegetables and cook until just tender.
- Roast Rava or Sooji (cream of wheat) in a non-stick pan till golden brown. KEEP IT SEPERATE.
- Put the required oil in the pan and add mustard seeds and black Gram Dal or Dhuli Urad.
- When it starts fluttering, add chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and finely cut ginger
- When onion turns brown add the roasted Rava or Sooji and sauté nicely.
- Add salt and cooked vegetable and sauté lightly.
- Over a medium flame add about 4 cups of luke warm water and mix well.
- To avoid lumps stir continuously, till the Uppamma.
- Serve hot with cocunut chutney.
- If desired add roasted cashews before serving.
excellent south indian preparation for breakfast