TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
A further recipe from the Indian Food (Recipe) website, which is an excellent source for authentic Indian cuisine, prepared and written by Indian cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rava (cream of wheat)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, such as Carrots, Green peas, Cauliflower, chopped fine and cooked
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely cut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black gram dal, washed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews, for optional garnish
- 1Chopped mixed vegetables and cook until just tender.
- 2Roast Rava or Sooji (cream of wheat) in a non-stick pan till golden brown. KEEP IT SEPERATE.
- 3Put the required oil in the pan and add mustard seeds and black Gram Dal or Dhuli Urad.
- 4When it starts fluttering, add chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and finely cut ginger
- 5When onion turns brown add the roasted Rava or Sooji and sauté nicely.
- 6Add salt and cooked vegetable and sauté lightly.
- 7Over a medium flame add about 4 cups of luke warm water and mix well.
- 8To avoid lumps stir continuously, till the Uppamma.
- 9Serve hot with cocunut chutney.
- 10If desired add roasted cashews before serving.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravai Uppamma (Semolina Upama)
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black gram dal