Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Rattlesnake Margarita is my favorite drink at the Texas Roadhouse. A very kind server listed the ingredients for me, and I had a great time with my DH one Saturday night trying to figure out the correct per portions to get it "just right". Can best be described as a sweet and sour raspberry margarita. These are great with fajitas!! Use a top shelf tequila if you can.
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sour mix (can substitute margarita mix)
- 1 ounce tequila (the better the tequila the better the drink)
- 1⁄2 ounce raspberry liqueur (I use razzmatazz)
- 1⁄4 lime, juice of (Fresh is best but Rose's will do in a pinch)
- Shake all ingredients together in a tin.
- Serve on the rocks (use plenty of ice) in salted or sugared margarita glass.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy this yummy drink!
Seriously fantastic! I always make my own sweet/sour mix, and that is critical to me enjoying a drink. Its not rocket science by any means, but highly superior to bottled blends of goodness knows what! Just mix up some freshly squeezed lemon juice and lime juice with water and sugar...experiment until you get the right proportions for your taste. I used some Patron Silver tequila, and Chambord with the cranberry juice and my simple syrup/sour mix blend, and the combination was out of this world. I'm addicted...gosh, that probably is NOT a good thing! :-)
WOW!! These are TDF!! Had them at my BF birthday bash and they were absolutely FABULOUS! Thanks MOMO'3