Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My son came home from Omaha with this recipe and his Dad has been hooked ever since. Extremely easy and addictive! Great for breakfast and works for appetizers as well. Feel free to use your choice of chilies and sausage.
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 -4 ounce diced green chilis
- 1 lb sausage, cooked & crumbled (your choice of medium, spicy or hot)
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- Preheat oven according to crescent rolls packaging.
- In mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cooked sausage and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Open crescent rolls and unroll dough, place heaping tablespoon on each triangle on the widest end. Roll up and tuck ends under shaping into large oval.
- Place on lightly greased (cooking spray works well) baking sheet and bake according to crescent roll package.
These were GREAT!!! My hubby is now addicted so I have a feeling i need to stock up on cream cheese and sausage :) I wanted to add that I left the green chilies out due too picky hubby and kids. Thanks so much for sharing!!
These are awesome! They are not spicy but have a great flavor. I am also a Texan and think that the tabasco would be great. Easy and delicious! Thanks!
These are fabulous and I even altered the recipe to make the "diet" version - I used light cream cheese, reduced fat sausage, and reduced fat crescent rolls. They tasted soooo yummy, a perfect blend of flavors. I added a little bit of tabasco sauce to my sausage since I couldn't find a "hot" low-fat kind... even with that, I could still stand for these to be a little more spicy [I however, am Texan... lol) so I might add tabasco to the cream cheese mix next time too. DEFINITELY a 5 star recipe though, thank you so much for sharing it! =)