Recipe by Lou van
Another Sri Lankan recipe from Chamaine Solomon posted after a request from another member. I have had to miss one ingredient from the list as the site does not recognise it, but 1 strip of daun pandan or rampe leaf needs to be added to the other ingredients in the saucepan.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very much enjoyed and easily prepared. This is not a hot curry, and we enjoyed its delicate but pronounced flavours. We had this with recipe#423902, really went together very well. Thanks, Lou Van!
- 750 g small raw prawns
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 -4 curry leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised (or 2 strips of lemon rind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- good squeeze lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash prawns and remove heads but leave shells on ( in Sri Lanka prawns are cooked with the shell on for better flavour).
- Put all ingredients, except lemon juice, into a saucepan and bring slowly to simmering point.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Taste and add more salt or lemon if required.