Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Remy's fixation with a flair.
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, close very thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, longer than fat
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red pepper, longer than fat
- fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons soft fresh goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet set on medium high, saute onion and garlic until translucent; add fresh thyme.
- Pour sauce into the bottom of a baking dish (preferable oval) or in a oven safe iron skillet.
- Trim ends off the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash. Trim the edges of the red pepper and remove the core.
- Slice all vegetables to approximately 1/16 thick.
- Arrange slices of vegetables on top of the sauce in a concentric circle pattern from the outside to the inside.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with parchment paper cut to fit inside dish.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 55 minutes until vegetables have released their liquid and are clearly cooked. The sauce should also be bubbling, do not let the vegetable edges brown.
- Serve with a dab of soft goat cheese, alone or atop some French bread, polenta, couscous.