Another RR special.
Make and share this Ratatouille Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about one pound)
- 1 lb zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (about one pound)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the eggplant and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the zucchini, onion, bell pepper and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and thyme, partially cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes more to cook off any liquid.
- Transfer to a large bowl and wipe the skillet clean for later.
- Lay the wraps out on the counter or a work surface.
- Sprinkle one-quarter of the cheese in the center of each wrap and top with 1 cup ratatouille.
- Fold burrito style in order to close. If you don't they may fall apart during the frying stage.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 2 wraps, seam side down, and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining olive oil and wraps.
I made this a little differently, in that I roasted my veggies, just prefer the taste that way. I also added artichoke hearts and asparagus to the mix, because I had a bit left over....just the perfect amount to add to this. I love the mix of veggies....perfect! I wrapped mine up in a pita, and devoured it for lunch! Thanks for sharing!