Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Better Homes and Garden recipe. My DH really liked this one, I thought it was a little bland - but I'm not a big fan of eggplant and he loves it!
- 16 ounces prepared polenta
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into small slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 small eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into small cubes
- 1 large tomato, cut into small wedges
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh and chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut polenta into 12 slices. Prepare as desired, I prefer to cook it in a skillet in a small amount of oil. Cover and keep warm.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, heat oil. Once heated add pepper, onion and garlic. Cook for five minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently. Add the eggplant, cook for another five minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in both squashes, zucchini, tomato, basil, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
- Put 3 slices of polenta on a plate, spoon vegetables over the polenta and sprinkle with parmesan. Continue for 3 more plates.