Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an awsome tart!!! Great hot, warm or cold.
Make and share this Ratatouille Walnut Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallots or 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (I prefer taragon)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, , divided
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add eggplant, garlic, shallot or leek, garlic and thyme.
- Saute 5 minutes; cover, reduce heat and cook until eggplant is tender, around 8 minutes-give it a stir once or twice.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts.
- Coat a 9 inch tart pan with olive oil or spray.
- Place 1 layer on, lightly oil and sprinkle with cheese, then another layer until you are left with a plain layer.
- You also want to layer the phyllo in a circle so you have an even jagged edge.
- Spoon in eggplant mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and crumbled feta.
- Fold the jagged edge over top so you have a nice edge.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
I had this as part of my Christmas dinner this year and it was most tasty. Will certainly be having this again - many thanks Diane!
This was delicious!!!! I plan on adding more herbs next time, and a little more tomato, and probably a little green bell pepper to make it truly "ratatouille," but it was fantastic as is. Thanks for posting!
DiB's, I made this quite awhile ago but froze it before baking. I finally baked it last night, and WOW, what a treat! Such a comforting mix of flavors and prety healthy to boot! I pretty much followed the instructions exactly, except to fudge on a few quantities here and there--I can't help but add a bit here and there as I'm cooking. I put it in a 375 degree oven for about 60-70 minutes from frozen. Thank you for recommending and posting this--I will make this for myself often!!