1/1 Photo of Ratatouille Walnut Tart
This is an awsome tart!!! Great hot, warm or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallots or 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (I prefer taragon)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, , divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add eggplant, garlic, shallot or leek, garlic and thyme.
- 2Saute 5 minutes; cover, reduce heat and cook until eggplant is tender, around 8 minutes-give it a stir once or twice.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes more.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in nuts.
- 5Coat a 9 inch tart pan with olive oil or spray.
- 6Place 1 layer on, lightly oil and sprinkle with cheese, then another layer until you are left with a plain layer.
- 7You also want to layer the phyllo in a circle so you have an even jagged edge.
- 8Spoon in eggplant mixture.
- 9Arrange tomatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and crumbled feta.
- 10Fold the jagged edge over top so you have a nice edge.
- 11Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille Walnut Tart
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 331.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g