Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this simple and fresh recipe. You can use canned diced tomatoes, but I suggest using your fresh garden tomatoes to send your flavor sensations over the top!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cups eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 9"x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring pot of water to boil for tortellini.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet; add eggplant,onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables have softened; about 7 minutes.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil stirring frequently as not to allow to stick to pan; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Spread cooked tortellini in bottom of prepared pan; spoon hot vegetables over tortellini and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot and cheese has melted.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Delicious! My husband and I really enjoyed this dish. I will gladly be making it again. :)