1/2 Photos of Ratatouille Tortellini Bake
I love this simple and fresh recipe. You can use canned diced tomatoes, but I suggest using your fresh garden tomatoes to send your flavor sensations over the top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cups eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated to garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350; spray 9"x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, bring pot of water to boil for tortellini.
- 3Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet; add eggplant,onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables have softened; about 7 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil stirring frequently as not to allow to stick to pan; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- 6Spread cooked tortellini in bottom of prepared pan; spoon hot vegetables over tortellini and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- 7Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot and cheese has melted.
- 8Serve with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille Tortellini Bake
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 764.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g