Recipe by Manami
Each slice of this stuffed bread is a small taste of Mediterranean flavors. An exciting way to dress up a loaf of French or Italian bread. It is a bit time consuming, chopping and sautéing but well worth the effort.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, chopped 1/2-inch pcs
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped 1/2-inch pcs
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped 1/2-inch pcs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- herbed French bread or plain French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet, add all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese and French bread.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Slice French bread with serrated knife, cutting 2/3rds through loaf, diagonally into 1" slices.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons vegetable mixture between each slice.
- Sprinkle top of bread with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap in aluminum foil; place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until heated through.