Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 2 cup serving: 294 calories, 7.8 g fat, 17.4 g protein, 43 g carb, 8 g fiber, 22 mg cholesterol
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 ounces smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 cups cubed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced peeled eggplants
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a dutch oven; heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, sausage, and bell peppers; stir/sauté 5 minutes.
- Add in tomato and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer 35 minutes.
- Uncover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and thyme.