1/1 Photo of Ratatouille Soup
Yummy and very filling soup. It is a meal in itself or you can pair it with some crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small eggplant, cubed (4 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices (2 2/3 cups)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup of dried cavatelli
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1In a large shallow roasting pan combine the eggplant, zucchini, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic.
- 2In a small bowl combine the olive oil, italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper; srizzle over vegetables, tossing to coat.
- 3Bake in a 425 degree oven about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- 4Meanwhile, in a dutch oven combine the broth and water.
- 5Bring to boiling; add cavatelli.
- 6Return to boiling.
- 7Cook about 12 minutes or until tender.
- 8Reduce heat.
- 9Stir in the beans, tomatoes, and roasted vegetables.
- 10Heat through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille Soup
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
reduced-sodium navy beans