Recipe by Lalaloula
This quiche is filled with a delicious mix of sauteed veggies and herbs. It tastes fresh and yummy plus it looks very nice, too! :) Can be eaten warm and cold. Great for party buffets. I hope youll like it as much as my friends and me do. The original comes form "Quiches" by Brigitta Stuber, but I have tweaked it quite a bit.
Top Review by awalde
Your quiche was really excellent: light, delicious and mmhh. We love the dough with herbs
I didn't have fresh tomatoes; I used chopped can tomatoes after draining instead and I used the juice of them for the dough (replacing the water).
Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 250 g whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 80 g butter, in pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g zucchini, diced
- 250 g tomatoes, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh sage, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves, minced
- 10 basil leaves, minced
- 150 g whipping cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g gouda cheese, grated (or parmesan or cheddar cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dough mix flour, salt and herbs in a bowl. Add butter and rub in using your finger tips or a pastry blender until dough looks like coarse crumbs. Add the egg and as much water as you need to make a smooth workable dough.
- Wrap in foil and chill til veggies are ready.
- For the filling, heat oil in a big skillet. Add onion and garlic and sautee til lightly browned. Add all the other veggies and sautee for 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender and liquid has partially evaporated. Remove from heat, drain off remaining liquid.
- Add the herbs.
- Pat your dough into a pie dish of 28 cm in diameter (11 inches).
- Put filling on top of dough and make sure to fill out the whole dish with it.
- For the sauce combine cheese, cream and eggs and pour over veggies.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F on the second lowest rack for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy! :).