1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch dice (1 lb.)
- 2 small bell peppers, diced (1 green and 1 red)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Make the crust: mix the cracker crumbs and butter together; press two-thirds of the mixture into a 10-inch pie pan.
- 3Spread the remaining crust mixture in another pan.
- 4Bake the crumb-lined pan and the extra crumbs for 10 minutes or just until toasted, shaking the extra crumbs once during baking.
- 5Sprinkle the warm pie crust with ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese and cool.
- 6In a large skillet, heat the olive oil; add in the garlic and onion; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the onion is soft.
- 7Add in zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers; cook and toss over high heat for 10 minutes.
- 8Add in the basil; stir.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, and salt; blend mixture into the vegetable mixture.
- 10Turn into crumb-lined pan; sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan cheese and the toasted cracker crumbs.
- 11Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pie is set.
- 12Before serving, sprinkle with the diced tomatoes; serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille Pie
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 442.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat cracker crumbs