Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by jerri822
OMG. Outstanding and totally amazed. My husband and I love our veggies. This is full of our favorite summer vegetables. The fresh basil puts it over the top. Very well seasoned and colorful too. Just sorry it took me til the end of summer to find this. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place in a large shallow pan.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover and set aside.
- Saute onion and next 4 ingredients in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add eggplant, pasta, remaining olive oil, and next 4 ingredients, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.