Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Ratatouille Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel eggplant, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place in a large shallow pan.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover and set aside.
- Saute onion and next 4 ingredients in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add eggplant, pasta, remaining olive oil, and next 4 ingredients, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
OMG. Outstanding and totally amazed. My husband and I love our veggies. This is full of our favorite summer vegetables. The fresh basil puts it over the top. Very well seasoned and colorful too. Just sorry it took me til the end of summer to find this. Thanks Nurse Di.
This was good...just good, not outstanding. I agree that it needed more salt. I thought the flavors came together okay, but there was something lacking.
My husband and I thought this was a great pasta salad. We liked the oven roasted eggplant. Also, the lemony-basil flavor was very refreshing. Only thing I added was more salt. Salads like this make eating healthy not so painful. Thanks Nurse Di.