Hello Vegetarians...here's a crock pot recipe for you. I love ratatouille because it's so versatile and can be used to make a killer pizza, great on pasta or as part of a casserole with chicken and cheese, or how about ratatouille lasagna? I guess I'd better stop brainstorming and write down these recipes to post too!
- 2 large onions, cut in half and sliced
- 1 large eggplant, sliced, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- red pepper flakes, to spice it up
- Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes.
- Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies.
- Dot with half of the tomato paste.
- Repeat layering process with remaining vegetables, spices and tomato paste.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate to store.
- May freeze up to 6 weeks.