Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great looking panini from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Ratatouille Grilled Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 eggplant, peeled lengthwise in 2 places to make stripes and sliced lenthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- herbes de provence
- 2 bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 1 loaf ciabatta, split horizontally
- 8 slices swiss cheese or 8 slices Fontina cheese
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1⁄3 cup store-bought olive tapenade
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil and garlic and heat on the grill (or on the stovetop over medium heat).
- Brush the eggplant and zucchini on both sides with the garlic oil; season with salt, pepper and herbes de provence. Place on the grill along with the bell peppers and cook, turning once, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables on the bread loaf bottom and top with the cheese and arugula. Spread the bread top with the tapenade and set in place. Place the sandwich on the grill and cover with 2 bricks covered in foil or place in a skillet piled with heavy cans. Press the sandwich until crisp on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat. Cut into 4 portions.
This was very good! I used ciabatta rolls and instead of arugula I used endive from the garden. I scaled the recipe down for one. Thanks for a yummy lunch!