1/3 Photos of Ratatouille (Crock Pot)
3 hrs 20 mins
Make a whole meal out of the French Vegetarian Classic while it is warm or offer it chilled as a salad course. Serve with a crusty bread and top with feta cheese, if desired. From the Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1Sprinkle the eggplant with salt; let stand in a colander 1/2- 1 hour to drain.
- 2Press out excess moisture.
- 3Rinse the eggplant with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Place the eggplant in crock pot.
- 5Add onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, olive oil, basil, garlic, pepper and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Cover and cook on high setting about 3 hours or until the vegetables are tender but still hold their shape.
- 8Stir in the tomato paste, olives, and the fresh basil.
- 9Serve hot, room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 433.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g