Recipe by Dee514
I like to make this as a side dish, or with extra tomato sauce added, I serve it over pasta or rice. Its a tasty way to use those extra veggies from your garden.
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and quartered (white, baby bella or a mix)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 1 (28 ounce) canchopped Italian tomatoes, and juices (plum)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup dry red wine (optional)
- 1 -2 green bell pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 -2 small zucchini, slice 1,cube the other
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese or locatelli cheese, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil, add onions, and mushrooms.
- Saute; until onions are clear.
- Add zucchini, eggplant and garlic, continue cooking until eggplant starts to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cheese), and cook 5 minutes, taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Simmer until zucchini is tender (about 5-10 minutes).
- Serve as a light meal with crusty bread, as a side dish, or as a pasta sauce (with extra tomatoes added).
- Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan or Locatelli cheese.