1/1 Photo of Ratatouille
This is an easy recipe and tastes great as a main course, served on a bed of Jasmine rice, with crumbled Feta cheese and chopped black olives. It came from the Feb 2003 Real Simple magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch, pieces
- 1 small zucchini, halved length wise and cut into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaf
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Over medium-low heat, add the oil to a large pan with the onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- 2Stir occasionally till the onion begins to soften (about 2 minutes).
- 3Add the eggplant and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in the zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and salt.
- 5Cook over medium heat for 6 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 6Stir in the basil and a few grinds of black pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 592.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g